Why a blog? Well relax, I’m not about to start documenting my life in detail; I’m not aiming for a book deal and I’m not an emo (I’d need to be on myspace for that anyway).
The idea is that I’m going to use this to document my trip to Japan that starts on 1st October. Just in case anyone is interested in where I am and what I’m up to day by day.
With that in mind I’ve been trying to make sure I can post to here in a number of ways.
- Sitting at a PC using the standard admin page for when I can find a cyber cafe.
- Via email, I can do this for text only posts, so I can add news from anywhere I can mail, including via the moby.
- I wanted to use Picture Messaging as well, and there is supposed to be a plugin for that; but can I get my a message from O2 to the MMS server? Nope; so that out but…
- I can send a Picture Message to a email address and get it published here on the blog.
- I have a wifi PDA that I’m taking with me so I can connect anywhere I can find an access point and there is a nifty little tool called Pocket SharpMT that will allow me to post easily (even if there are some issues with the paths used for uploading images).
One issue that I haven’t solved yet is how to get pictures from my camera (compact flash card) to the PDA (SD/MMC card) for re-sizing and uploading.